As women, we know we need to look good for our confidence! There’s not much worse than a man looking right at our Nevi moles and black skin tags which are quite common but can be very unattractive to the eye. Several people get them removed with the help of cosmetic procedures but that is time consuming and is hard on the wallet. Skin care is often deemed as an expensive affair. That is not true. Skin care could be expensive because of the brands. But once you know what kind of products you need to use for your skin and what type of ingredients you must look for in your skin care products, then you are all set to have great skin with very little investment. But how do you identify what suits you the best?
This girl has noo idea she needs help! (She is running for Miss Universe in S.E Asia) She hasn’t hard back from the competition organizers yet….
So there are ways in which certain ingredients help the skin. For example, aloe vera gel is known to moisturize your skin and remove oiliness. Meanwhile, it also cools down your skin and helps in treating inflammation. Ever wondered why your skin is more prone to allergies than that of your friend’s? Turns out, your ethnicity and skin colour plays a major role in the kind of skin conditions that you are likely to end up with. In that aspect, it is safer to know what kinds of skin care woes you are more likely to deal with so that you can be well prepared for the future.
Ethnicity and skin care:
Dark skin, light skin, pale white skin, no matter what the skin tone is, you can always preserve youth and remain beautiful if you watch what you put on your skin. Dark skin is a result of excess of melanin whereas Caucasian skin is simply because of the lower levels of melanin in the skin. Although many individuals have been falsely establishing supremacy over skin tones, for many reasons, dark skin is a boon.
For example, Dark skinned beauties need not worry about tanning or sun burns because the Melanin in their skin will handle the sun’s rays better than a Caucasian’s skin. That is why it is extremely rare and close to impossible to come across rashes and sun burns on dark skin. Caucasian skin can be tanned artificially by spray tans or in tanning parlours. A good soak in the sea and a tan from the beach are also good ways to add a dusky tint to Caucasian skin.
However, skin cancer from harmful rays of the sun is more likely to happen to a Caucasian than an African or an afro-american. But studies from the United States have shown that while skin cancer is a possibility in dark skin too, stages of detection are almost always towards the end. Skin cancer is harder to detect in dark skin. Even if dark skin can protect itself pretty well from the sun, it is important to always step out in the sun after applying a generous amount of sunscreen no matter what ethnicity one belongs to.
When it comes to acne, Caucasians, Asians and Africans are likely to develop them. However, the adverse effects range from one ethnicity to another. Caucasians have moderate chances of developing acne whereas Africans and Asians have high chances of acne as well as acne scars. Acne scars are marks left behind by active acne. Acne scars can be dealt with but it takes a lot of time.
Scars can become spots and make skin look uneven and rough. Apart from acne scars, pigmentation is also an issue that could cause hindrance to achieving flawless skin. While pigmentation is a threat for all skin types, Asian, African and Hispanic origins are more likely to be affected with it. Apart from pigmentation, there are signs of aging too.
As skin gets older, collagen production reduces, thus making skin more vulnerable to wrinkles, age spots and dullness. Caucasian and Asian skin tones show evident signs of aging whereas darker skin tones often camouflage aging to a great deal. This is a benefit that African ethnicities enjoy. Age spots are less visible and wrinkles are close to minimum when they age.
Every day and occasional grooming can both cause a certain level of damage to skin. Shaving and waxing can often cause skin irritation and inflammation. Use of harsh chemicals on the skin could also contribute to irritation. When it comes to irritation and inflammation, dark skin is less reactive whereas Caucasian skin is mildly reactive. Asian skin however is very sensitive to skin irritation and inflammation.
The occurrence of moles and skin tags are common in all skin types. There is no way you can ever predict the possibilities of nevi moles and black skin tags. However, you can equip your skin with nutrients that can help in handling the issue better. Moles and skin tags occur as a result of toxin accumulation and build up beneath the skin. The root cause behind all skin problems is toxin accumulation. Once you take care of it, you are already on your way to flawless skin. Flawless skin is not a myth. If anything, it is a great deal of dedication.
How can I care for my skin?
Depending on the pros and cons of your skin based on your ethnicity, you should be having a fair idea about what suits you best. But if there is one advice that you must stick to throughout your life, it’s the idea of using all natural products. Products made out of naturally available ingredients may be less effective compared to products with chemicals on it but the results are long lasting. Besides, natural ingredients do not possess harmful side effects.
Here are a few products that can help you achieve flawless skin with zero side effects:
- Bio Oil: This is a combination of nutrient rich oils obtained from natural resources that can help moisturize and improve skin elasticity. A very popular product among people, Bio Oil’s rich nutrient capacity also makes it an ideal anti-stretch mark companion. One of the main benefits of bio oil is that it’s completely harmless. You can apply it 3-4 times a day for maximum benefits.
- Cocoa butter: Everyone knows the history of cocoa butter. But many people think that it just fulfils woes of dry skin. While cocoa butter is the most sought after ingredient to make moisturizers, many people use organic cocoa butter in its purest form for other benefits. Cocoa butter can prevent and reduce signs of aging. Its polyphenols help in collagen retention, thus keeping your skin elasticity intact. Besides, the moisturizing nature of Cocoa butter can be used to treat chapped lips, inflammation and skin irritation.
- Lemon juice and Sea Salts: Sea salts are the all new craze because of their humble yet exotic properties. But when combined with lemon juice, its benefits can be multiplied greatly. Citric acid is known to make skin feel hydrated while giving a natural glow. Combined with sea salt, the combination can be used to get rid of blackheads and whiteheads while moisturizing your skin all the way in. The light property of lemon makes it an ideal ingredient for oil-free skin. Use lemon juice with sea salt as a scrub for your face and body once or twice a week to enjoy refreshed skin. Using gently on moles and warts can cause them to dry up and fall off due to the acidic tendencies of lemon. Hence, it is a good bet against dealing with nevi moles and skin tags.
- Olive oil and brown sugar scrub: You can use this simple scrub to enjoy more than just moisturized skin. A good mix of olive oil and brown sugar in a scrub can be used to gently remove blackheads and whiteheads, unclog pores and get rid of excess sebum from the skin. If you have oily face, use this scrub once a week to gently eliminate oiliness. If applied to the scalp, it also treats dandruff. Olive oil and brown sugar scrub can also help in preventing acne breakouts.
- Argan oil: Argan oil can be rightfully called as the one stop solution for all skin care problems. A tiny bottle of argan oil can help moisturize skin, prevent acne and help with anti-aging. How? Because it is rich in anti-oxidants and vital nutrients. During pregnancy and weight loss, skin’s elasticity fluctuates, thus leading to stretch marks. Argan oil improves skin elasticity from the root, thus dealing with stretch marks better than most of the counter top products available. You can use argan oil every day to prevent stretch marks and you can use it every day to reduce the appearance of stretch marks. When it comes to skin care, hands, feet and nails are often given less attention to. Rubbing a few drops on your hands and feet and around the nails can keep them moisturized and soft. Besides, the problem of brittle nails vanishes when you use Argan Oil regularly.
Establishing good skin must be a routine to prevent yourself from unexpected cases such as moles, skin tags and rashes.